Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's been a while...


My decision not to write was a wise one. 

This fall, I was met with another rough spot in the road...I suddenly lost my mother-in-law and my father had to be moved into an Alzheimer's residence. But when family heart aches occurred earlier in 2012, I thought I could take my time to formulate my thoughts and words about the "senioritis" I was experiencing and blog about them in the coming weeks. I realized that writing about certain events, people and situations are sometimes better left untouched. The potential to harm, expose and hurt people in my life seemed to loom over me, as they may have felt that the family's business was being publicly laundered. 

Throughout 2012, I have observed and witnessed self-destruction and implosions on the blogosphere by numerous bloggers. Their 'bear all to cleanse myself’ about personal moments in their family, matrimonial or professional life back fired by alienating friends, partners, peers and family members. In one particular instance a mommy blogger doesn't back away from the keyboard after her child 'comes out' to the world. Taking some time to absorb and become comfortable with this revelation could have prevented her from blogging the most disjointed, snarky, mindless and scattered jibberish content for more than a month-further discrediting herself. Then there was a post from a yoga teacher/blogger (remember that?) about her sultry hook ups with one of her students, it came off like she was bragging about the conquest.  I quit reading blogs for a while because I felt that the content was turning into episodes on reality TV shows (that I also avoid.)

My blogging intention for 2013 is to do my best to write when appropriate and not force the pen for blogging’s sake. I hope to bring light and humor to those who click on my blog, and hopefully some fascination or intrigue causing readers to seek and dig deeper for more knowledge on the presented subject matter. It’s a lost opportunity if we do not learn something new each day!

Life Simplified-
Sondra

4 comments:

  1. Wow, glad I missed those blogs you were talking about. But I've missed you. It has been a very tough year for so many of us, and I also had to step away from blogging for a bit. The pain was too much to type out.
    I look forward to reading your posts this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, you have been in many of my thoughts and I wish you a bounty of happiness in 2013. I have been missing you and your writing!

      Delete
  2. Very well said Sondra, and I agree wholeheartedly! I enjoy reading your blog even though I'm not a yogi, but hope to explore it at some point eventually. All things are not meant for public reading, and you are very wise to know when to keep things personal. You have inspired and encouraged me on numerous occasions, and I really appreciate your blog being so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed your uplifting thoughts and have admired your talents Betty. I am so fortunate to be in a network of talented women with such insight and integrity you really ask myself to step up and better myself . I hope I am helpful in 2013, or at least humorous...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete